Statement on the Protection of Personal Information
VANTEC CORPORATION (gthe Companyh) will strictly adhere to the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information (Law No. 57 of 2003) and other related laws as well as the guidelines of relevant ministries and agencies.
Responsibilities as an Integrated Logistics Company
As an integrated logistics company, the Company acquires and uses personal information including the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of customers though its business activities. Given the importance of protecting personal information, the Company will handle such information as follows, as part of its commitment to fulfilling its corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- 1. The Company will handle personal information properly in accordance with the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information and other related laws as well as the guidelines of relevant ministries and agencies and social standards on the proper treatment of personal information.
- 2. When acquiring personal information, the Company will clearly state the purpose of acquiring the information and handle the information according to the stated purpose.
- 3. The Company will require its partners and associates to handle personal information properly.
Comprehensive Measures to Control the Safety of Personal Information
The Company will not only take organizational, physical and technical measure to control the safety of information and prevent personal information from being disclosed, lost or damaged; it will also implement comprehensive information security and human resources measures, such as training for all officers and employees.
Other matters concerning the handling of personal information:
EPublic announcements concerning the unauthorized disclosure of personal information
Should there be an unauthorized disclosure of personal information, the Company will immediately announce this fact on its website and announce the items of personal information items suspected of being disclosed.
EPeriod for retention of personal information
The Company will store personal information for the period set out in the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information.
ERequest for disclosure, etc. of personal data held by the Company
On receiving a request for the disclosure, etc. of personal data held, the Company will disclose it by means of delivering a document, after confirming that the request has been made by the owner of the information or their agent.
Continuous improvement of compliance program
The Company will continuously improve the internal control system (the compliance program) to ensure the full protection of personal information.
Definition of terms
The meanings and usage of the terms used in this document shall be the same as those used in the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information and related laws, unless otherwise noted.
The Company will announce the following matters in accordance with the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information (gthe Lawh):
1. Public announcements of the purpose of use of personal information
- 1) Purpose of use when directly or indirectly acquiring personal information (Article 18, Paragraph 1 of the Law)
1. To provide its services (removals), the Company will ask individual customers who use its services for their new and old addresses, the size of their new and old residences, family structure, volume and content of goods to be moved, and new and old telephone numbers, to enable communication before and after the removal.
2. The Company will ask an individual customer or the representative of a corporate customer who use other services of the Company their name, location of their office, department, telephone number, fax number and email address, etc. necessary for business communication.
3. In the delivery services, the Company will ask for the name and telephone number of an individual who is at the shipping address or the representative of a corporate customer to enable communications with the person at the shipping address.
4. The Company may send a letter, fax or email, etc. only to an individual customer or the representative of a corporate customer who has agreed to receive advertising materials when the Company has acquired the information described in Item 2 above.
- 2) gPurpose of useh of gpersonal informationh entrusted to a third party (Article 18, Paragraph 1 and Article 23, Paragraph 4, Item 1 of the Law)
The Company may disclose the personal information described in Item 2 and Item 2 of Paragraph 1) above to a subcontractor of the Companyfs business for the subcontractor to execute its business after concluding a personal information confidentiality agreement with the subcontractor.
- 3) Matters concerning gjoint useh (Article 23, Paragraph 4, Item 3 and Paragraph 4 of the Law)
EThe Company will use personal data jointly with the specified persons listed below.
2. Matters that should be made gaccessible to an information ownerh regarding gpersonal data heldh (Article 24, Paragraph 1 of the Law)
- 1) At the request of an information owner who can be identified using the personal data held by the Company or an agent stipulated by government ordinance, the Company will disclose the personal data it holds through strict procedures to confirm the identity of the person concerned or the agent; provided, however, that this shall not apply when the disclosure is restricted by a provision of a law, such as Article 18, Paragraph 4 of the Law.
- 2) When, after disclosure, an information owner requests the revision of personal data held, including an addition or a deletion, (gthe revision, etc.h), on the grounds that the personal data is inaccurate, the Company will make the necessary investigations without delay to the extent necessary for the purpose of use, except for a case in which a special procedure is required by a provision of any other law, etc. Based on the results of the investigation, the Company will or will not make the revision, etc. of the personal data held and will notify the information owner of the result (including the details of any revision, etc. made).
3) The Company may separately charge a fee set by the Company for the disclosure above.
3. gProvision to a third partyh of personal information (Article 23 of the Law) The Company will properly manage personal information obtained from customers and will not provide it to a third party without the prior consent of the customer. However, this shall not apply when a government or any other public office including a court orders disclosure it in accordance with the provision of a law or when the Company is permitted to provide the personal data to a third party without the consent of the information owner under the provision of Article 23 of the Law.
4. Matters concerning procedures, etc. to respond to the grequest for disclosure, etc.h (Article 29 of the Law)
The Company will respond to a request from the owner of the personal data held or their agent for disclosure, change or cessation of use, etc., as follows:
- 1) Address for making a request for disclosure, etc. and documents to submit
Please complete the form designated by the Company and send it to the address given at the top of the form.
- 2) Request for disclosure, etc. by an agent
In accordance with Article 8 of the Enforcement Order for the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information (Cabinet Order No. 507 of 2003), the Company will respond to the request for disclosure, etc.
1. A statutory agent of a minor or a ward who is of age, and
2. An agent whom the information owner has entrusted with a request for disclosure, etc.
- 3) Fee for the request for disclosure, etc. and its collection method
The Company will accept a request for disclosure, etc. in exchange for a fee calculated based on a separate fee table.
- 4) Method of responding to requests for disclosure, etc.
The Company will hand-deliver a written response only to the information owner or their agent in exchange for the fee set out in the preceding paragraph. However, the Company will deliver the response in other ways upon request.
- 5) gPurpose of useh of personal information obtained in the process of request for disclosure, etc.
1. The Company will handle the personal information it obtains in the process of a request for disclosure, etc. only to the extent necessary to respond to the request for disclosure, etc.
2. The Company will store documents submitted at the time of a request for disclosure, etc. for six months after completing the response to the request for disclosure, etc. and, when six months have elapsed, destroy the documents, for example by incinerating them.
- 6) Reasons for non-disclosure of gpersonal data heldh
When any of the following reasons applies, the Company will not disclose the personal data it holds:
1. When the life, health, property, rights or interests of the information owner or a third party could be harmed
2. When the proper performance of the Companyfs business could be seriously interrupted
3. When a law would be violated
When the Company decide not to disclose the personal data it holds, the Company will provide notice of the decision, with the reason attached. The Company will charge the predetermined fee even when it decides not to make disclosure.
5. Contacting us to lodge complaints
To lodge a complaint about the handling of personal information, please use the following contact:
- By telephone
VANTEC CORPORATION, General Affairs Department, Tel: 045-410-1741
- By letter
VANTEC CORPORATION, General Affairs Department
Yokohama Hanasaki Bldg. 6-145 Hanasaki-cho, Nishi|ku, Yokohama 220|0022
- Please understand that we are unable to accept any complaint brought to the Company by visiting its offices.
6. Definition of terms
The meaning and use of the terms used in this document shall be the same as those used in the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information and related laws, unless otherwise noted.
Established: March 1, 2006