1.VANTEC's Approach to Personal Information Protection
As an integrated logistics services provider, VANTEC Corporation (hereinafter, "VANTEC") handles a variety of information including in-house technical information as well as information obtained from our customers. Accordingly, VANTEC has strived to establish and implement an information management system that respects the value of such information.
In light of this background, VANTEC has prescribed rules and established a management system regarding personal information protection; prescribed the personal information protection policy laid out below and informed directors and employees, while taking measures to grant general public an easy access to the information. Moreover, VANTEC strives to protect personal information appropriately according to this policy.
2.Personal Information Protection Policy
- Formulation of Personal Information Protection Management Rules and Continuous Improvement of Personal Information Protection Management System
VANTEC shall formulate and implement personal information protection management rules in order to raise awareness for the importance of personal information among directors and employees, and to appropriately use and protect personal information. VANTEC shall maintain and continue to improve these rules.
- Collection, Usage, and Provision of Personal Information and Prohibition of Use beyond Original Purpose
In consideration of the fact that VANTEC is entrusted with the customer's information in its business activities, VANTEC shall establish a management system for personal information protection specific to each operation, and appropriately handle the collection, usage and provision of personal information according to the established rules. VANTEC shall not use personal information for other than the purpose of such information, and shall take measures to prevent such misuse.
- Implementation and Corrective Actions of Safety Measures
In order to secure the accuracy and safety of personal information, VANTEC shall implement measures such as managing access to personal information, restricting the means for external use of personal information, and preventing unauthorized external access in compliance with the rules for information security, and thereby prevent the leakage, loss, alteration, or destruction of personal information. In case some security issues are identified, VANTEC shall immediately take actions to correct them.
- Compliance with Laws and Codes
VANTEC shall comply with Japanese laws and codes applicable to the protection of relevant personal information. Moreover, VANTEC shall adapt its personal information management rules to comply with these laws and codes.
- Respect for the Rights of the Individual Concerning Personal Information
When the individual requests for his or her personal information to be disclosed, corrected, or deleted, or seeks to prevent the use or provision of such information, VANTEC shall respond in good faith respecting the rights of the individual pertaining to the personal information.
Date of enactment：March 1, 2006
Date of revision：August 1, 2012
This document shall be applicable to all personal information that we handle in our business operations.
Based on VANTEC's Approach to Personal Information Protection and Personal Information Protection Policy, VANTEC protects and manages personal information with the greatest care and to the best of its ability.
VANTEC shall define that personal information means information about individuals, including the name, birth date and other descriptions about them, or a number, symbol, code, image or sound designated to them, that identifies the individuals (it shall also include information that cannot identify individuals by itself but can be easily matched with other information to thereby identify individuals). In addition, it shall not be limited to personal identifiers, but shall include any information that indicates a fact, recognition, and assessment about the attribute of individuals, including a physical characteristics, property, occupation and status.
5.Collection/Usage Purpose and Provision to Third party
- VANTEC shall acquire and use personal information only within what is necessary for the following purposes. In addition, when VANTEC requests personal information, collection/usage purpose shall be clarified in advance and customer's consent must be obtained.
- Execution of the contract between VANTEC and a customer.
- Communication for business negotiations and meetings with a customer
- Provision of after-sales service to a customer
- Sending information on events and new services
- Response to various inquiries from a customer
- Analysis based on questionnaires to improve services
- Provision of personal information to VANTEC's group companies involved in collaborative business activities with VANTEC
- Provision of recruitment information to and communication with applicants for employment
- VANTEC shall not provide personal information to any third party without obtaining consent in advance, except in the followings cases.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is required by laws.
- Cases in which the provisions of personal information is necessary for the protection of life, body or property of an individual, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting sound growth of children, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with the government, local authorities, or an individual or entity entrusted by them in executing the operations prescribed by laws, and in which obtaining the consent of the person might impede the execution of the operations concerned.
- Cases in which handling of personal information is commissioned to a third party within the scope of collection/usage purpose.
- Cases in which personal information is provided as a result of the take-over of business in a merger or otherwise.
- Cases in which VANTEC provides information on board members and shareholders contained in the information about their respective corporate body or other organizations, and that such information has already been disclosed by the person, corporate body or other organizations in compliance with the law.
- VANTEC may provide personal information i.e., name, home and work addresses, phone number, fax number, e-mail address, to our group companies when required for joint projects. Under such circumstances, personal information is provided in print or electronic media. You are entitled to request us to stop providing your personal information to our group companies.
6.Use of Cookie and Web Beacon
Cookies and web beacons (clear GIF) are used on some parts of our website to offer more convenient web experience.
You can set to refuse a cookie or to display a warning message when you receive it by adjusting the web browser setup. For more details, please refer to the instructions of your web browser. Moreover, you can reject a web beacon by setting to refuse the receipt of a cookie.
Refers to information exchanged mutually between a web server that controls the website and your web browser. Cookies may be stored as files in your computer disk. If you use a cookie, the web server can track and record information about which pages in the website the particular computer has visited, etc. However, unless you enter your personal information on the website, we cannot identify who you are.
- Web Beacon:
Refers to technology that functions with a cookie and can find out how many times a particular page has been viewed. However, unless you enter your personal information when receiving cookies, we cannot identify who you are.
7.Requests for personal information disclosure, complaints or consultation
When you request disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension, suspension of provision to third parties, or notification of the purpose of use (hereafter, "disclosure, etc.") in regards to your personal information provided to VANTEC Corporation, or when you wish to file complaints or receive consultation, please follow the procedures below.
- If you wish to request disclosure, etc. of the personal information you provided to VANTEC Corporation, please refer to Requests Regarding Disclosure of Information.
- For complaints and consultation on our handling of personal information, please contact us via telephone, etc. at this contact window below.
- While most of VANTEC's services can be used without requiring your personal information, please note that there are some services that are not available unless your personal information is submitted to us.
- Please note that VANTEC is not responsible for the security of your personal information in any non-VANTEC websites linked to the VANTEC website.
- When you enter your personal information on VANTEC website, you are required to agree to the purpose of use, etc. specified on the VANTEC website. Otherwise, you may not use our services (including inquiries). In addition, anyone aged 15 or younger shall personal information with the consent of his/her parent or guardian.
9. Special Notes
- Personal Information Protection Policy of VANTEC shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- VANTEC may revise this document, "About Personal Information Protection," to improve the handling of personal information, and/or in accordance with the revision of laws or ordinances, or other rules and regulations.
- The implementation of this document, "About Personal Information Protection," shall be on or after the issued date (including update date).
- If individual VANTEC website pages list their own personal information policy, or when they are linked to such policy, the provisions in this "About Personal Information Protection" shall supersede such policies.
- When you contact us by telephone, conversations may be recorded to ensure accurate response.
For requests concerning disclosure of personal information, complaints, and any other inquiries regarding our personal information protection, please contact the following.
c/o Personal Information Protection Inquiry Office
4F Minatomirai Center Building, 3-6-1 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama,
Kanagawa 220-0012 Japan