Documents to verify identity shall be submitted in the event the applicant requests notification on the Purpose of Utilization as described in Article 24, Item 2 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereafter, the "Act") or requests disclosure of personal information as described in Article 25, Item 1 to prevent leakage of personal information. If the applicant's representative requests such items, identity verification documents of both the applicant and his or her representative shall be submitted. The applicant's legal representative should request the above items if the applicant is aged 15 or younger. Please refer below for details on the documents required for identification.
1. Applicant Identification
Submission of one of the following documents that are valid is required. Please note that images and printed material through digital cameras and scanners are not acceptable copies of identification.
- Copy of driver's license (Please cross out the registered domicile field with permanent markers or pens)
Please attach a copy of the reverse side of the license after processing address change if you changed your address.
- Copy of basic resident register card
Cards with face photo, name, birth date and current address (B-type).
Please attach a copy of the reverse side if you changed your address within the same municipality.
- Copy of passport
Copies of both the face photo page and the information of bearer page (with name and address) are required.
- Copy of annuity notes
- Copy of Certificates for Health and Welfare
- Copy of health insurance card
Please fill in your current address in the address section.
- A copy of alien registration certificate or a certificate of registration matters (for non-Japanese nationals)
2. Identification of Representative
Submission of the corresponding documents below issued within the last 3 months is required:
- Person who has parental authority (Article 818, Civil Law)
Documents proving relationship with applicant such as copy or abstract of family register
- Guardian of Adult (Articles 8 and 843, Civil Law)
Certification for registered as guardian
- Guardian of Minor (Articles 839 and 840, Civil Law)
Certification for registered guardian
- Voluntary representative (Note: applicant is required to be aged 16 or over)
Letter of proxy (original copy) signed and sealed by applicant
3. In the case where the guardian of adult is a corporate body
Copy of corporate registration, abstract of corporate registration, certificate of all registered information or certificate of partial registered information must be submitted.
(Note: the document is required to be issued within the last 3 months)